- Compact plants
- This variety will grow well in most regions of the United States but prefers a long, cool summer season
- Yield 50-100 sprouts over a season
- Sprouts grow to 1.5 inches
- Sweet flavor when harvested after frost
- 80-115 days from transplant
- 100 seeds per packet
A single stalk of this variety can bear 50-100 dark-green Brussels sprouts (florets) over an extended period. Compact plants produce sturdy spikes with edible florets that mature from the bottom up and take on sweeter tones after a light frost. Introduced in the 1890s, this historic variety was once the most important commercial sprout in the United States. Brussels sprouts mature 80-115 days from transplant.